The Twyford family has been associated with the manufacture of pottery in North Staffordshire since the 17th Century.

In 1849 Thomas Twyford established his factory in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, manufacturing sanitary pottery and metal fittings.

During the 20th Century the Twyford brand became a household name in British public life. And, through organic and well-managed expansion, it became a major force in sanitaryware production in three more of the world's continents. The company blossomed in South Africa, India and Australia, bringing bathrooms, the principles of hygiene, and much needed employment to their peoples.

Today, Twyfords is a shadow of its former self. It is now part of the Geberit Group, headquartered in Switzerland.

This blog was created to record and recognise the great achievements of the company during its long and remarkable history.